CD - Job Safety Skills in the Classroom and Beyond
August 18, 2011
Welcome to a new school year and more students improving their safety knowledge!!
To Teachers/Instructors responsible for delivering the courses listed below.
• HCS3000: Workplace Safety Systems
• HCS3010: Workplace Safety Practices
• AGR3000: Agriculture Safety
By now, you should have received the “Job Safety Skills in the Classroom and Beyond” CD that was sent to you in May, 2011 containing the Instructor Resource Manuals for the new safety courses introduced by Alberta Education:
Each Instructor Resource Manual is comprised of eight parts:
- 1. How To Use This Manual
- 2. Alberta Education Curriculum Summarized
- 3. Learner Outcomes
- 4. Unit Guide to Instruction
- 5. Instruction Units, including Fact Sheets, Key Messages, Unit Tests and Answer Keys
- 6. Supporting Safety Resources
- 7. JobSafe Assessment and Credentialing including Summative/Final Exam and Assessment and Credentialing opportunities
- 8. Copy Masters for use in the Classroom
However, if your school has not received a copy, please contact Donna Jones at the Job Safety Skills Society’s main office immediately at (780) 413-6876 or toll free (866) 513-6876 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you receive these teaching resources.
We welcome your feedback and look forward to receiving any input you would like to share with us regarding these new resources.
Dr. Michael Alpern - Executive Director - Job Safety Skills Society